What play is permitted and when can I book courts?
- Singles and doubles (with other players from the same AND different households)
- Organised social tennis e.g. Club Night
- Organised coaching groups for adults and juniors
- 1-1 coaching
- Competitions/matches (singles or doubles) for adults and U18s
- Singles (with other players from the same AND different households)
- Doubles for two households or social bubble playing against each other (ie. no mixing between households on the same side)
- Organised coaching groups for U18s. No adults indoor coaching groups
- 1-1 coaching for adults and U18s
- Competitions/matches (singles or doubles) for U18s and disability tennis
* If you have existing block booking on the indoor courts, the Club Managers will be in touch soon to discuss options
**Both singles and doubles box leagues will continue
***Squash members can continue to play tennis
More details about the LTA’s COVID-19 guidelines are available here.
Squash & Squash57
- Unrestricted play with members of the same household or support bubble
- ‘Sides’ and socially-distanced practice routines in a squash/squash57 bubble of up to 6 people.
- Solo play
- U18s can play full games against other U18s
- Organised junior and elite coaching
Adult 1-1 coaching
*Squash members can continue to play tennis
More details about England Squash’s COVID-19 guidelines are available here.
Court booking system
The court booking system has now been reactivated. Whilst the bar is closed the last squash court booking slot will be at 7pm to allow for the clubhouse to be locked soon after 8pm. The last tennis bookings will be at 10pm as usual but members are reminded that toilet access and changing rooms will not be available after 8pm.
Members can continue to book-in guests as usual subject to the current Tier 2 guidelines.
What are the arrangements for other club facilities?
Clare & Graham will not be able to re-open the bar at this time but they will continue to offer takeaway food on Friday evenings. They have some great ideas for takeaway offerings in the run-up to Christmas - keep an eye on emails and social media for more information about their special offers.
Fitness & Conditioning Suite
The F&CS will remain closed to members for the time being.
Toilets and changing rooms
The toilet and changing room facilities will be available between 7am and 8pm. However, whenever possible come to the Club ready to play and go home to shower. Please do not leave your personal belongings in the changing room at any time.
Reminder of key COVID-19 guidelines:
- Do not come to the Club if you have any COVID-19 symptoms or have been told to self-isolate
- Always observe social distancing and the ‘Rule of Six’
- Ensure you wash/ sanitise your hands regularly
- Wear a face covering when moving around in the clubhouse.
- Minimise the use of toilets and changing rooms
- Do not linger at the Club before or after play
As always, we appreciate your continued support and cooperation and we look forward to seeing you back at the club.