A separate Squash section was established in 1973, with initially 3 courts and the club renamed as the “Berkhamsted Lawn Tennis and Squash Rackets Club” in 1974.
There have been regular projects to expand the club’s facilities, the most notable being the project in 1999 to build the new brick clubhouse which included a championship glass back squash court and the 2006 opening of the Club’s two court Indoor Tennis Centre facility.
In 2009 a sixth squash court was added and the lounge extended and opened up to allow views into the two glass back squash courts.
In 2011 the Club installed a solar power capability to help reduce its energy bills.
The steady improvement in the Club’s facilities has been mirrored with a continued increase in total club membership and as of end January 2013 stood at 1085.