On Tuesday, England Squash published their ‘return to play’ guidance for clubs, coaches and players. Accordingly, our courts will re-open for squash and squash57 on Saturday 25th July.
Click here for the playing protocols that will apply from this date to all our members playing squash and squash57. A link to the full England Squash guidance is included in the document.
Players must read and adhere to these protocols.
We have undertaken all advance precautions so that our club is in a good position to re-open the courts in a Covid-secure way - provided everyone sticks to the rules. The early days and weeks are vitally important so that members come to know our facilities as a place they can trust. Exemplary behaviour from everyone, please. Caution remains paramount.
We will not hesitate to act against anyone who wilfully flouts the playing rules and risks the safety of other members.
The attached document is comprehensive and we won’t repeat items in this covering email. Note, in particular though, that this is the start of a phased return to play. Future phases will be announced when appropriate by England Squash. In this initial stage, play is restricted to:
- solo practice for one player;
- normal games between two players if both are in the same lockdown household or support bubble (a reminder of the current UK definition is in the attachment);
- cross court side-to-side games between two players from different households with social distancing in place (the England Squash link in the attachment includes a video demo)*; and
- coach-led sessions, from individual coaching to group sessions of up to 5 people from different households, provided that there are no more than two people per court at one time and social distancing is maintained.
* Before 25th July, England Squash intend to publish a number of additional routines and drills that can be played with social distancing by people from different households. When they do that, we will advise members.
Adam and his coaching team will lead on point 4. We won’t schedule set sessions at this stage but, if there are individuals who would like to organise a group of up to 5 people, then contact Adam directly (email@example.com) and he will sort you out. The 2nd team have already put their hands up. Other groups - Bucks team, Ladies team (!), Squash57 team, Skills & Drills gang, Team Main, tennis coaches, or just a group of mates - you are all welcome to contact Adam. He and his team are brilliant and they will raise your game and give you as close to a normal workout as possible within the current restrictions.
As we mentioned in our Newsletter on 29th June, do not arrive without a court booking. All bookings will be online; the Kiosk machine is switched off. Email Susannah in the office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need your login details.
We aim to open the booking system first thing on Wednesday 22nd July. We will let you know if this changes.
Regards and looking forward to next Saturday,
Squash & Squash57 Committee
(John Shaw, Mark Shattock, Adam Fuller, Gill Trimmer, Rob Harbron)